Monday, September 12, 2011

Day 1

Today was the first day of my intensive. To say that I was unenthusiastic about this would possibly be the worst understatement of...everything. Just...everything.

As soon as I get into the classroom I take the seat closest to the door in the back row. It pretty much completely lived up to my expectations, which is to say I was miserable & bored the majority of the time. The women sitting in front of me were trouble from the start, what with their laughing at stupid comments & looking just as pleased as punch to be there.

Trouble

As the class proceeded, I began texting more & more. I did not learn a single thing today because this is my 4th damn time taking this stupid class. When I wasn't making this face...

That face

I was making this face...


I seriously wasn't trying to be a turd. I talked to a few people, but I just wasn't very outgoing in approaching my classmates as the other people were. Because I'm always SO outgoing. I talked to the maternal black lady who sat next to me & a few people on my lunch break. The same lunch break where we were all given a speech about "Jerry Falwell's vision" (the only time the entire day I rolled my eyes!).

Then the bus left without some of us. Whatever.

However, once we split into smaller groups & got to actually do counseling stuff I came out of my shell. And everyone who I was in a group with, as well as one of the professors, told me how good I was. Well, I sure as shit better be as many times I've taken this damn class.

But seriously though, it feels good to know that I have something I'm good at since I don't feel so hot at most things. We'll see how the rest of the week goes.

6 comments:

Vapid Vixen said...

Huh? What? I guess I've missed a post cause I have no idea what this class is you're talking about.

Andrew said...

I wrote a bit about it in the previous post. But basically when I transferred to Liberty I lost 4 of the classes I had already taken at my grad school in Florida. 2 of those classes were some that I had taken in undergrad. Basically their rationale is that since they're really important they want to make sure it's taught in person instead of the usual online format. So I'm having to take a week off from work & renting a hotel room to take a class I've already done multiple times.

Nicole said...

I've been where you are in one or two of my classes..then again they're gen eds they are supposed to be boring. Right?
If I can do this than so can you!!!

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said...

Good job killing that counseling, buddy!

: )

Andrew said...

Nicole, gen ed classes are supposed to be boring. Worry not.

Thanks, Big Homey!

Daniella Robin said...

Good Luck!!