Monday, December 20, 2010

Why I'm So Good With Kids (Also, Why I'm A Good Salesman)

Yesterday at work, this man & his son of about 5 or 6 came up to the counter. After they ordered their assorted items, the boy noticed a thing of those stupid Silly Bandz that are all the rage right now.


So stupid...

Anyway, I have no idea why my job sells them. None at all. But alas, we do.

The boy wanted some. The father seemed confused by them. That's when I took over....

"Oh, you don't want those! They're $5 for a bunch of plastic bands. For that kind of money, you could help feed a starving kid in Africa."

The kid just looked at me, confused. The dad seemed a little confused, but thought it was humorous. And because once I start something like this I have to commit, I followed it up with.

"Yeah. How about that for a dose of reality on a Sunday morning."

Awkward silence.

My job here is done.

And that's why I'm such a good salesman & so good with kids, too.

7 comments:

Daniella Robin said...

I see where your talents lie,

and I used that exact picture for my rant on Silly Bandz

Caleb said...

Awkward....

I like it.

Andrew said...

I'm glad you approve, Caleb.

And Penny, great minds think alike.

Aubree said...

my work sells knock off silly bandz. and i'm a crap saleperson. one time someone asked me to price check the live action cat in the hat dvd (one of like 3 dvds we used to sell) and i was like 'oh that movie sucks!'

it does, tho. she didn't buy it haha.

Laura said...

Never heard of Silly Bandz but they seem ridiculous...the only upgrade from those other plastic bands seems to be that these are wiggly. Please don't allow anyone that may ever journey to the UK purchase them. I think we can do without them to be honest.

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said...

I love those bracelets! They are shaped like animals, you put them on, then take them off, and they turn BACK into animals. They sell them at coffee shops because caffeine addicts like me need constant entertainment.

Merry Christmas if I don't talk to you, buddy. I IM'd the wrong Andrew yesterday. It was awkward.

Andrew said...

Aubree, I used to do that when I worked at a movie theater. And when I worked at Applebee's. And I do that on certain drinks at my current job if they ask for my opinion.

Laura, I'll do what I can but I can't make any promises. I can only do so much.

Dr. Ken, thank you very much for the Christmas wish. Maybe we'll get to talk sometime later today since I'm off work & currently have no plans. Also? I'm glad I can create an awkward moment for you without even being involved.