Monday, February 16, 2015

Baesitting

I'm currently staying in Rocky Mount because my mother is having hip replacement surgery & my parents didn't want to board the dogs. While Sammy would have been fine with it, Maggie (the pug) would have had a total nervous breakdown. Plus the fact that Sammy recently scratched his eye & has to wear a a pillow-like cone around his neck & get eye drops 3 times a day.

The downside to all of this is that my area is about to get hit with a snow/ice storm. While snow isn't that bad, the ice that we always end up getting makes eastern North Carolina shut down. This wouldn't be a huge deal except that I'm supposed to work tomorrow in Raleigh, which is an hour away. I...just don't think that's going to happen.

I'm going to get up early & see what it's like. I really am. I don't want to call out. I NEVER call out. When I lived in Rocky Mount for 8 months & commuted to Raleigh I was always on time. I'm one of the ONLY people that's always on time. But...I'm not going to risk getting in a wreck on the ice driving an hour both ways.

I'm a little nervous because I've heard rumors about me getting a promotion & I don't know if this will negatively impact that. If it does, then all of my current reservations about it will be proven true. I've worked for this company for 4 1/2 years, have been in management for almost 3 1/2, & I don't even make $10 an hour.

Yeah, I'm not going to risk anything for that.

No comments: