Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Get Down With The Sickness

Oh hey. I'm glad you're reading this, especially since I haven't updated since October.

My big homey over at The Gancer & I are trying to keep each other accountable for writing more frequently, so we're going to try to alternate days. Hopefully that will keep the creative juices flowing.

Unfortunately, that isn't the only juice that's been flowing from me for the past week. And by that, I mean snot. I was sick about 3 weeks ago for a few days but seemed to recover pretty quickly, but then last Thursday I started getting that feeling in my throat. Then on Thursday night/Friday morning I couldn't sleep because my legs kept kicking (something that almost always signals when I'm getting sick for some reason). After work on Friday I got some preventative care stuff; I had been scheduled off on Saturday & Sunday without even asking for it & while I had literally not a damn thing to do, I didn't want to be sick.

Medicine didn't work. Sick.

I woke up around 4:30 Saturday morning unable to swallow & having a hard time breathing because my throat was so sore. Then the aches & the tingles started. That was basically my life Saturday & Sunday, punctuated by randomly falling asleep, taking hot showers to make my tingles stop & loosen the mucus, & listening to the same Fleetwood Mac song over & over. Monday I had to work & I was pretty irritable & my throat was still sore. I was off Tuesday & I slept in & my throat was still sore.

Now it's Wednesday. My throat is still somewhat sore, I have a lot of congestion, & I'm still weak. If I'm not better by Friday I'm going to the doctor.

Yes, I'm very aware that this might be one of THE MOST boring posts ever written by anyone, but I'm just going to blame it on my sickness.

1 comment:

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said...

Which song? "The Chain?" . . . of snot?