Tuesday, July 6, 2010

That Time I Kept Saying I Was Going To Quit

Remember how I was going to turn in my notice this weekend?

Yeah, didn't happen.

I decided to ride this out as best I can. I want to leave, but just can't. I don't want to give them the satisfaction of me quitting (I'm nothing if not spiteful & vindictive). I enjoy spending time with the clients & being able to make connections with them. I enjoy feeling like I'm helping them. I enjoy how excited some of them get when they see me, to tell me new information about their recovery or what their plan is once they leave. Granted, all of those things are part of why I have "boundary issues" & get me in trouble, but screw that. I'm a relational person, I like to help, the clients want me to help. End of story.

Now, they've hired some new people so I'm sure the end is nigh, but whatever happens happens. I can't control their decision. All I can control is how I do my job & how I react. If I get fired, it's not a reflection of me. It's a reflection of them.

In other news, Robyn & Sarah are coming in 1 day. I need to clean out my car & try to air it out so it stops smelling like bottled up ass. I also need to get ready to be out in the sun a lot, as well as for my liver to hate me (I'm pretty sure I'll be drinking more than I have for a while).

1 comment:

Rebecca J-G said...

Hope you have a wonderful visit with your sunny-weather friends! We'll talk soon. Call me when you are free.......