Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Slow On The Uptake

I know Christy has some very special needs, but she's still texting me. I haven't responded in a week after I told her my phone was messed up (& it legitimately was). But so far, every day, she texts me multiple times asking, "What r u doing?" I really don't know what to do at this point...

I need to get a new phone number anyway. My number now is from when I lived in Georgia, so anyone that calls me locally has to deal with long-distance. So if I change my number, that takes care of that particular issue. Plus it gets rid of a few other people I'm ready to have out of my life. But is it bad that part of me kind of enjoys the attention? I think it does.

On another note, I got a new phone. Because all of my Verizon phones have been defective, this is my 6th phone in 2 years. Over it.

Also, I'm using my mom's laptop again because the hard-drive that was recently put into mine was defective. Then I couldn't get Word to load, which made doing my homework a pain. But now Word is working, & doing my homework is still a pain. Do not want.

Fin.


5 comments:

Daniella Robin said...

This may be the hard choice, but I think I have a suggestion on how to fix your situation.

You need to be honest. You need to tell her point blank " you are a nice girl, but I can't talk to you because I don't want you to get the wrong idea" or something like that. You have to give it to her straight, in the long run it will be better for her too.

Andrew said...

My mom is a special ed teacher & she said that Christy is so low-functioning that she isn't sure if she would understand it. Like when I tried to tell her my phone wasn't working, or that I didn't want to be her boyfriend, she just kept talking as if nothing happened or started begging (as best she can).

asdfasdfasdf said...

i still have the original phone number i got when i was 14 (i was like the last person i know to get a phone, then i didn't have texting until i was 18, this was a pointless side comment). so you gotta text me from your new number with a clue that it's you when/ if you get a new one.

and i agree with penny lane, if the ignoring doesn't get the point across (a classic strategy of mine in all situations) you might have to 'fess up and tell her to go away. but then i read your comment too about her low functioning, but still, hopefully it would work?

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said...

Is this the Down's Syndrome stalker that keeps texting you? What a unique and tangled web you weave, Mr. Andrew . . .

Andrew said...

The very same, Dr. Ken.