Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Motivation Stimulation

As I sit on my bed, I think about how badly I need to get my homework done. Why am I not doing it? Why am I procrastinating?

The answer is...I just don't know. I don't consider myself a lazy person. I just lack a lot of motivation. Once I start something I'm pretty good, but getting me to start it takes a lot of pushing. The fact that I've been in school almost non-stop since kindergarten is another factor. Baby just needs a break.

But I will get it done. I need to read about 100 pages by tomorrow (pfft. You know I be skimming that bitch) so I can do a discussion board post. Then I have to write a critique by Sunday that does not exceed 4 pages. This routine is going to be my life until August 19. There will also be a personal counseling model I have to write, but I've done a bazillion of those (so you know I be taking my old stuff & punching it up).

But on the plus side, I found out I only have a year left of graduate school. Word.

5 comments:

David said...

Such a rebel

Andrew said...

What I did rebellious?

George said...

I have the same problem when I get those projects that I dread. It makes the project last that much longer, when will I learn.

Andrew said...

You probably won't learn, George. I don't know if I ever will.

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said...

Keep plugging away, partner! It's tough to stay motivated, but remember to study for the sake of learning and bettering yourself and not to just "get through it." So says "the doctor."